Fun in the Sun

June 6, 2013

IMG_4086

IMG_4172

IMG_4192

Happy Thursday to you all! I hope you are all having a fantastic week! It's funny because my once a week posting used to seem like a good plan, but these days I feel like once a week is so little. Sigh... someday maybe I'll have the time to post more often. 

I'm really excited to be featuring this beautiful vintage romper from Houuse of Wren Vintage! Houuse of Wren (not a typo by the way- it's spelled with two u's ;-) is an Etsy shop that sells everything from (ready for it?) vintage clothes, accessories, bags and shoes to  handmade items and vintage kitchen supplies! If that doesn't sound like a vintage hot spot, I don't know what does! And for all you vintage clothing lovers- I spied some really pretty little numbers in her shop this afternoon- make sure you check them out!

This romper is so cute! First off, I love the color- the deep royal blue looks so pretty against the soft floral accents. The collar just adds the perfect touch. And there's one more detail I must point out. Do you spy those heart shaped buttons? How sweet is that? I styled it with my yellow cotton skirt- just goes to show you how versatile it is! I can wear it two ways now instead of just one. As a plain romper it is adorable as well- I hope to do another post in the future where it is styled with a belt. Can't wait!

IMG_4266

IMG_4271

IMG_4287

IMG_4306

I'm guessing that you all may be a little confused about the blog's new look and name. I am here to enlighten you! There are some really exciting changes going on around here. 

For a while now it has been on my heart to start a sister blog that is purely for my love of Jesus Christ. You all (of course ;-) know that I am a major vintage and fashion guru. But I've been wanting to give God more glorification on my blog lately. So here is what I did...  there are now two blogs. Into the Woods is my personal style blog which is located at the same web address as usual- tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com. Beautiful in God's Eyes is my daily observations blog. This includes bible studies, verses and things that God has put on my heart to share with you. This blog will be at the web address shesbeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com. I know this is probably a little confusing right now, but hopefully as you explore both blogs you will get a better feel for what I'll be doing. You can follow the new blog via Bloglovin'

Also, while I am on the subject- thank you to everyone who followed me on Bloglovin' this week! For anyone who didn't get a chance to read last weeks post- I am encouraging any who want to continue following (what is now called ;-) Into the Woods to stop by Bloglovin' and give me a follow. With the departure of GFC I would hate to lose any of you! 
IMG_4308


IMG_4427b

IMG_4439b

IMG_4665

IMG_4452

IMG_4470

IMG_4483

IMG_4622

Collage cd

Collage



IMG_4666

Romper: Courtesy of Houuse of Wren
Skirt: Handmade
Hat: Grandma's
Shoes: Payless
                                                         
  Follow on Bloglovin

Linking up! WWW, WIWW, My Style Monday, Sunday Style
Rachelle Smith said...

Hello Alexandria,
I am a new follower from the Peacoats and Plaid bloglovin' hop. You're photography is great. I am also a photographer and love seeing others work as well.

Rachelle S.
www.stitchesbyrachelle.blogspot.com
www.rpsphotography.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Rachelle! I am headed to check out your blog right now :-)

Mina LovesPizza said...

I love the whole post! Everything is so pretty! I also like your new blog name and look. I'm going to have to get a Bloglovin.

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Mina! Let me know if you do so that I can follow you on there :-)

Kimberley Jakoda said...

Beautiful! Such a pretty look and the pictures are amazing!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you!

Linda Becaca said...

You look absolutely adorable in your sun hat!

Trendy Teal

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Linda <3

rosina palesado said...

beautiful...enough said! (: xxx

rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you!

Mina LovesPizza said...

Will do! :) By the way, how did you make your blog header?

Alexandra Marie said...

I made it using picmonkey.com and ipiccy.com :-)

Sammi said...

These photos are beautiful! That romper is amazing, and so is that hat!! New blog title = musical theatre reference? :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Sammi! No, I'm afraid I didn't know there was one! Would you explain? I love musical theater :-)

Elana said...

Gorgeous as usual! I have to check out House of Wren because this romper is beyond adorable. And I'm with Sammi ^^, I totally thought of the musical too!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Elana! I hope you find something lovely! My goodness, I guess I will have to go on a google investigation- ha!

Delvalina Tuanger said...

your eyes are so sexy! :D

Love the outfit and of course the sun as well.

Blessing

Mary Mattson said...

Love your style!!

Check out my blog at www.beauteousquirk.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Mary! Headed to check it out right now <3

ann wood said...

This hat is fun and your pictures are great!

blue hue wonderland

Danielle Villano said...

Oh gosh, you're giving me total hair envy right now. Missing my short hair so much.... won't be surprised if I chop it all off soon :)

Gorgeous look!

Glad to be a new Bloglovin follower!

Best,
Danielle
http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Alexandria! Each photo left me speechless :) Thanks for sharing with us and have a lovely weekend!

Hugs to you!

Rebecca said...

Your romper is just darling! I think the hat is just the perfect accessory for such a sweet look!

Rebecca
www.winnipegstyle.ca

Christy Okeefe said...

I adore that hat...the whole outfit actually! I'm gonna check out your new blog! It sounds great!

Jessi said...

Oh my, that romper is gorgeous! I have to check out this shop! The hat is just so perfect with this look! You always have the most beautiful photography girl!
Jessi
http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

THE WIND OF INSPIRATION said...

Love the photos, love the outfit. Such a positive vibe! Great post, Alexandra!

Victoria,
'The Wind of Inspiration' blog

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Ann!

Alexandra Marie said...

Aww- thank you- are you trying to grow yours out? I bet that would be so hard to stick with it! Thanks for the follow- I'm headed to check out your blog right now!

Alexandra Marie said...

Oh hey, never mind! Went your blog and thought hey- I already follow her! Awesome!

Alexandra Marie said...

Aww, thanks Stephanie!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you <3 I was so glad that my grandma let me borrow it!

Alexandra Marie said...

Hehe- thank you! And yeah!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Jessi! Yes, definitely check out the shop! It's way too much fun <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Victoria!

Kristian said...

You are right, all the little touches like the heart-buttons are just extra special. My favorite part of your look though is definitely your hat! love it!

Also, good luck as you take on two blogs. Sounds like a great move for you.

Eriel ChicStreetChoc said...

great post! i love it! u have a great sense of style!!
GIVEAWAY WIN AN iPHONE CASE
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
CHIC STREET CHOC

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Kristian! I am excited about it too :-)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Eriel!

ELISA said...

so romantic! I love it!
http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

Dreamer Clara^^ said...

You have new desing, right? It´s awesome! <3 You´re incredible like always! :) Love love love it! Your style is so interesting! The hat is a-ma-zing! <3
- - -
Thank you sweetie :)xx (answer to your comment on my blog)

. . .

Dreamer Clara^^
http://dreamersuniverse.blogspot.com/

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Yes, I do! And thank you <3

Danny said...

awwww, everything is so pretty here!! Can I steal you hat? It's adorable!!

MarieAntoinette said...

Lovely pictures, i love your shirt :)
Enter my Sheinside giveaway to win 150$ ♥

Alexandra Marie said...

Hehe- thanks Danny!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks <3

Taylor Hart said...

These are the most beautiful images ever! I love the hat and what an adorable outfit! I love the way you played with the light in these images. Very inspiring indeed. Thanks for sharing and I love the look of your blog. I know you said there has been a lot of changes. I adore it!
xo
Taylor
http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

Taylor Hart said...

These are the most beautiful images ever! I love the hat and what an adorable outfit! I love the way you played with the light in these images. Very inspiring indeed. Thanks for sharing and I love the look of your blog. I know you said there has been a lot of changes. I adore it!
xo
Taylor
http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much Taylor!

Hilda said...

When I stopped by, I was like "Did she change the name of her blog?" Thanks for filling us in. Oh, and I love the black and white photo of you smiling. So pretty.

Alexandra Marie said...

Oh haha- glad my explanation could be of help! And thank you!

Hilda said...

LOL! i'm heading over to check out your other blog. And you are welcome! :D

Catherine said...

You are gorgeous!! I love the vintage romper, I REALLY LOVE the hat - but what stands out is your smile. Absolutely gorgeous!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much!

Katherine said...

I love the pictures! You are always so pretty! :D

Alexandra Marie said...

Aww, thanks Katherine!

Gladys Ganda said...

You are so pretty!
Anyway,interesting blog and hope to see more posts.
We've followed your blog and hope you would visit ours too!

xx,
GANDA

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! Headed to check out your blog right now :-)

Kati said...

Thanks so much for your sweet words, they made my day!
This romper is so stunning, I love the pattern and cut so much! Really like your hat in these photos, too!

Have a great day,
-Kati

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Kati!

Lala H said...

you look so cute! i love the top!

Delightful Ideas
Bag Giveaway

Paige said...

Absolutely beautiful photographs! I adore that hand I was so close to buying one similar wish I had now! Thank you for your comment lovely! x

http://www.heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.co.uk/

LoveT. said...

Beautiful Photos! Love the romantic Look ,gorgeous :)

kisses

MyUnbuttonedBlazer said...

Aww! Thanks so much for the comment and follow! You are STUNNING and so are these photos of you! Following you back! <3
myunbuttonedblazer.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Paige!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much!

Raewyn said...

Hello, Alexandra! Just stumbled upon your blog, and I love it - especially this outfit! I cannot get over the hat. :) I'm a fellow vintage clothes + skirt enthusiast/style blogger, so I think your posts are lovely. And the photography. is. stunning.

Cheers,
Grace

Wwwmyspareoom.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Grace! I stopped by your blog- it is so lovely!

Laura @ A Little Bit of Lacquer said...

What a beautiful outfit and amazing pictures! So lovely for summer!! Love your blog!

Laura @ A Little Bit of Lacquer

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Laura!

Abby said...

Such a pretty outfit - love your hat! Also, great photos!!

I'd love it if you can drop by mine and check out my latest post: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Abby! I'll check it out right now :-)

Eccentric Owl said...

Ah, you always have such joyful pictures, I love them! And the sunlight in this is super pretty. So is that romper! The color is gorgeous on you!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! You are so sweet <3 <3

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.