DIY Vintage Cabochon Sunnies

June 17, 2013

IMG_6678pinterest Collage



                                                                                                                                                                                          1.                                                                1. You'll need a pair of sunglasses, at least two vintage cabochons ( I used clip on earrings with the backs removed), a hot glue gun and four faux pearls. 2. Dab a dot of glue to the upper corner of  your glasses. 3. Press the cabochon into the glue firmly. 4. Glue one pearl on each side of the cabochons.                      
                                          
IMG_6679

Inspiration :
Collagel

Voila! It's easy and oh so chic! I've been noticing a growing trend with these glasses and decided I would have to make a pair. Let me know if you try this, and if you feel so inclined, leave a link to an image of your rendition!

IMG_6638

Stephanie said...

Oh my, so cute! I just bought some fun peachy-colored glasses and might have to add some cuteness to them :) Thanks for sharing!

Alexandra Marie said...

Ooh! I bet that would be super cute!

MuffinCannibal said...

I love this DIY, I must try it! Your glasses look beautiful :)
Thank you so much for visiting my blog <3
xoxo
LittleFashionLove / Facebook / Lookbook / Bloglovin

Poem Girl said...

You are so creative, and I really want to do
one your DIY's! Looking forward to more!
Your Friend
Sarah

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Lovely!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Sarah! I always say this, but hopefully I will be able to post them more often :-)

Linda Becaca said...

How adorable are these sunnies!? SO cute. Love how they turned out :)

Trendy Teal

Delvalina said...

It's beautiful Alex. You did great job. I love the flowers and its color :)

Have glorious day.
Blessing,
Delvalina

Beverly Houpt said...

What a great idea! I'll be sure to try this out this summer

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks <3 I would love to see them if you do!

Sacramento Amate said...

Loving and pining it, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you!

Tessa: said...

Beautiful, love the color of those flowers!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Tessa <3

Heather Morris said...

Cute idea! I think I am going to try that.
Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Let me know how it turns out!

Danielle Villano said...

Yes, I love this DIY! I always lust over pretty embellished sunglasses, but I can't seem to part with the cash to buy them. Now I know I can make my own :)

Best,
Danielle
http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Oh yes, I feel the same way! If you can DIY it, it's almost always the better way to go!

Adrienne said...

Love the cabochons!!!! I haven't decided if I would jump on this bandwagon.... But that's only because I have enough sunnies ;)

Irela said...

These are sooo cute!

Alexandra Marie said...

You're so good- I just can't resist- if I see something I like I think, " Meh, I could always use another!" haha!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks <3

Little Tree Vintage said...

cute idea!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks!

Jenna Condon said...

Very cute Alex

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks <3

Natalie Jane said...

Those glasses are adorable!and look pro as!
xx

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Natalie!

MateaTPol said...

Thats so cute!!

Rebecca said...

What a fabulous idea! They look just perfect!

Rebecca
www.winnipegstyle.ca

Shannon Mcniel said...

The sunglasses look awesome! This is best to wear during the summer and I know you can easily modify it for the winter. Using hot glue will always be the best choice, but you have to make sure that you use safe adhesives, otherwise, your sunglasses will be spoiled when the glue is easily detached. :D

InstantCA.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Rebecca!

Alexandra Marie said...

Oh yes, that's a great point! Fortunately this pair is old and not my favorite- so I will probably keep them as Summer glasses. But I am glad that I know now for the future! Thanks for sharing the tip :-)

kclueless said...

The sunglasses looks so so cute, adorable<3. It is perfect for summer so cheerful<3
http://www.kclueless.com/

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you :-)

Elana said...

Ah, this is so fun! I hope we get to see how you style them! :)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Elana! I'm hoping to soon <3

Imogen said...

These are officially the most amazing sunglasses I have ever seen. What I find frustrating about sunglasses is that they all look the same and that's definitely not the case with this pair! I really want to try something like this myself.

Carol P. said...

Such a great idea, it looks really amazing ^^

Serenella ch said...

Thnk u so much ^^
I follow u back :)

Niente di Serio

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you <3 That was one of the things that drew me to the idea too- I'd been noticing these kind of glasses popping up online a lot lately and I just had to have some!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Serenella!

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

Hi sweet girl! I just discovered your blog and I'm already obsessed! I'm a photographer and vintage lover as well- I love to take film photos and collect vintage jewelry. I love this creative DIY idea and can't wait to try it :) Keep in touch!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Alexandra Marie said...

Oh, thank you so much Hannah!I just followed you on Bloglovin' and can't wait to check out your blog!

Jessi said...

I've seen these glasses on some of my fave bloggers and loved them but I never thought to make my own! How ingenious!! Yours turned out beautiful!
Jessi
http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Kala said...

You're so cute! I love your blog. (:

exoh,
Kala Noel.

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Jessi!

Alexandra Marie said...

Aww, thanks Kala <3

Eccentric Owl said...

Such a cute idea!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks :-)

Shachi Sharma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristina said...

I just bumped into your blog and after scrolling through your posts, I must say I really like it :) How about we follow each other on Bloglovin and Facebook? :)
Kisses from Zurich,
K.

http://beneaththecoat.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

I'd love that! Following you on Bloglovin', but I don't have FB, sorry!

Shachi Sharma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.