That Time of Year

May 18, 2013

IMG_0167

IMG_9975

IMG_0040 

IMG_0050 IMG_0049 IMG_0039 Collage2 IMG_0085 IMG_0211 IMG_0258 Collage 
IMG_0268

IMG_0292 IMG_0272

IMG_0228
Dress 1:  H&M
Dress 2:   Forever 21
Necklace & Ring:  Forever 21
Hair Bow:  Handmade
Tights: Target
Shoes:  Payless

How has your week been? I'm guessing that for a lot of you it's been fairly hectic- that time of year again! Honestly, I'm really excited for Summer. I know once the heat sets in I'll be saying otherwise, but I just love the inspiration of the season! 

Today I had a really lovely outing and had the opportunity to spend some time outdoors. Sometimes I feel like I don't get out often enough, so days like these are so refreshing! 

Aren't the strawberries so pretty? Let me just say that I enjoyed the post VERY much- haha. Nothing like eating your props! But really, all kidding aside, these are literally the best strawberries I've had in ages. A little random, I know :-)

I hope you all enjoy your weekend! 

Alex

Oh and here is my link for the blog hop! http://www.alongabbeyroad.com/
Jodi Pops said...

love the colours in this outfit!!! and your beads look great with the polka dots on your dress xxxx

Christy Okeefe said...

I've tried to make a hair bow from your tutorial, it was super-easy, but yours always look better for some reason:) hmmm...I wonder why...;)

Alexandra Marie said...

Hmm, I wonder if the instructions I posted were hard to follow. Maybe I will make a you-tube video for it :-)

Petit Promise said...

Love your look x

petitpromise.blogspot.co.uk

daria said...

you look so cute in this dress! red and navy are so quintessentially summer!

Mina L. said...

Red and navy are such a cool combo. :) You're so pretty! Oh by the way, I just thought I would add, my sister LOVES strawberries!

Christy Okeefe said...

Oh no! they were really easy! But my crafty level is just about as high as a dog's:D I love doing crafts, I'm just terrible at it:)
-Christy

Alexandra Marie said...

Aww! No, I'm sure it will come out better with practice :-)

Christy Okeefe said...

Well, then I'll keep practicing! :)

Marlen said...

haha nothing like eating your props- that made me LOL. can we just take a moment and talk about how adorable you look here? i LOVE the red accents, and my favorite pictures was you in front of the red door. this would be perfect for the 4th of july, by the way ;)

xo marlen
Messages on a Napkin

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Daria! I'm really big on red and navy too :-)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Mina! Hehe- what's not to love?

Alexandra Marie said...

Haha- thank you so much! We were really excited to find the red door as well! I suppose the colors could work for memorial day! Thanks for stopping by :-)

Stephanie said...

Adorable! Love the dress and the color combination - stunning indeed :)

Have a beautiful week!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Stephanie!

Georgina said...

Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog :) Love how you matched the strawberries to you tights and bow, the outfit's really cute and so is your adorable cropped hair! It looks great on you :)
Ps, following back xx

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much! And thanks for following <3

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

This outfit is so adorable... I absolutely love the colors!! Darling photos too! xo

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Tieka!

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

The strawberries I've had this year have all been really water-y :( But they get better as the season progresses ^^ I adore this outfit! You look so darling in that dress! x

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks! I know what you mean- we keep buying them and they aren't too good. But these were phenomenal! I guess you have to buy them at the right place.

Eli OKeefe said...

These are lovely, lovely:) I. love. the red door! You are so photogenic:) Oh, the strawberries are fantastic props as well!
I have to ask, what kind of camera/lens do you use? I seem to remember that your sister(?) takes your photos. But whoever does is a wonderful photographer:)
x
Elisabeth

Megan Staker said...

So cute!! Love your blog! Thanks for the comment on mine! :) I'm new to the blogging world so I love every comment/follower I get! :) Im not a follower!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! I use a canon T3i ( not to be confused with a T3) and a canon 50 mm 1.4 lens. My mom actually took these- they switch off- hehe. But yes, I am very grateful for their help :-)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Megan! And thank you for following <3

Jessi said...

This dress is darling! And I love the pops of red, red lips are perfect on you. You are just way too cute!
I'm hosting a Summer Style Link-up on my blog today if you wanna join in!
Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Jessi! I'm headed to check it out right now!

Melissa said...

You are beautiful. I love that dress.


http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you!

Kelsey Bang said...

ok you are so darling! i LOVE the red and polka dots! super cute combo and outfit!
kelseybang.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Aww, thank you!

Regine Karpel said...

Beautiful!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Gentri said...

GORGEOUS! That lipstick w the strawberries! Love!

Leticia Blanc said...

lovely outfit!

Nataly said...

Oh, you are so cute! This outfit is so so lovely. And I envy your short hair! I'm always so fond of girls who look cute in short hair. I..would probably look like a boy I don't know! hahah.

Naomi Wong said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and stopping by :)

and I love the name of your blog <3

naomi

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks so much!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Leticia <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much! I was worried about that when I cut my hair too- lol. I think part of the secret is dressing really feminine (which I don't mind doing at all-haha)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Naomi!

Haley Phillips said...

You are SO beautiful!!!! I love your hair. My roommate is thinking about cutting her hair similar to that and after seeing you completely rock it, I'll have to tell her to look at this blog and stalk you. These pictures are breathtaking! Whoever is your photographer is really good.

Blown away by your blog, girl! Love it!

http://haleybrianna.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much! Tell your friends that short hair is so worth it and to go for it!

The Rag Trade said...

Your outfits are extremely well put-together, I love your attention to detail! Your photos are amazing too, you capture everything beautifully dear :)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you!

Beverly Houpt said...

Wow, I love this outfit and these photos! Especially that you layered two dresses! Also, thanks a ton for the follow! I'm following your blog as well :)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Beverly! And thanks for following back <3

Laura said...

That dress is just so perfect - I love the layered dress look! You look like you are having so much fun!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Laura!

justicepirate.com said...

You look amazing in this dress and the strawberries are a wonderful touch. They are lovely and a cute fruit (tis a pity I'm allergic to them).
+Victoria+

Paige said...

Ahh my god such beautiful photographs! You look so pretty! Thank you for my comment! x

http://www.heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.co.uk/

Elana said...

Gosh, how are you and all of your photos so stunning? Perfect as usual! I have such a weakness for polka dots, so naturally I love this dress.

Victoria Horea said...

I Love your outfit! Lately, I've been really into lipstick.

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much! Oh, I'm sorry! I was just talking with someone today about how frustrating food allergies can be!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Paige!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much Elana! I have a weakness for them too (I actually own three polka dot dresses and a polka dot skirt- haha)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Victoria! How funny! So have I- it's fun to experiment :-)

countrygirlcityfashion said...

Your style is so stunning! I love how classy and retro it is. This dress is so so beautiful!

A.Michelle said...

Can I give you a medal? You are the most clever person I have ever met. To put one dress over the other is such a great idea. I have a dress the is really low-necked and too short and I was a bit at my wits end as to how I should fix it. You just gave me the solution! Who takes your pictures? They are always so pretty! I love this dress style as well. Polka dots are standard for me. :D

www.therpeppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much! I'm so glad this could help you out! I always am sad when I have dress that I can't wear due to the length :-( My sister and my mom trade off :-D

Adrian said...

What an adorable outfit! I love the colors together! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Adrian!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Adrian!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.