Crown of Flowers

May 11, 2013

IMG_9503

IMG_9504

IMG_9509

IMG_9590

IMG_9623


IMG_9630

IMG_9647

IMG_9649

IMG_9658

IMG_9698

IMG_9814

IMG_9810

IMG_9748

IMG_9727

IMG_9834


I've been really excited to share this post with you all because I made this dress! Two weeks ago I found the fabric in my closet and thought, I really need to make something from this. So I took out my sewing machine and scissors and made a dress. The best part is that I didn't use a pattern so it is my own design! It took me three days to finish, but I think the end product was worth the effort- I'm really happy with how it turned out!

On another note, the weather today was SO nice! I have one complaint, however. It was super windy, and that never means good things while trying to take outfit pictures. I had so many throw away shots with my hair sticking straight up in the breeze, haha! Also, my shots are a little over exposed in the background today, my apologies! We had to shoot in pretty bright sunlight.

Thank you all for the lovely comments on my last post- I appreciate every single one!

Oh yes, linking up to the trending pretty link up! http://myblackwhitecolor.blogspot.com/
A Certain Vintage said...

oh please teach me how to sew, I was just thinking how adorable your dress was! My sewing machine is gathering dust because I'm terrified I would ruin lovely fabric if I tried and find reading patterns a bit daunting. Beautiful photos, your short hair is so striking on you xox

Jordan Eaks said...

GORGEOUS! I love these pictures too, and you look like Julia Roberts some!

Melissa said...

You're so beautiful! :) And you have an amazing camera. Always enjoy your new posts!

Mina L. said...

You did a great job! It's such a cute dress. All of the photos are so pretty. :)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much! I totally understand where you are coming from! Actually, I am daunted by pattern reading as well, which is why I avoid it. Making up your own design can be a huge trial and error process, so I have had many a project that hasn't worked out. But when it does, it is super rewarding! Perhaps someday I'll post a tutorial on it :-)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Jordan!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much <3

Jenna Condon said...

Alex you made that dress????? It is absolutely beautiful on you. <3 You my friends are more than talented!!! (btw, I love that you have been writing your own notes at the bottom of your fashion posts, its so personal I love it) <3

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Mina!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Jenna! And, I'm glad you like that- it is fun to write a little bit :-)

Chantal said...

Wow!!! Great job Alex!!! And I love the fabric you used. You're ,asking me want a sewing machine even more now :-)
-Chantal

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Chantal! Let me know if you try making one!

Kelsey said...

Good job Alex....You are talented! Who takes your pictures? They are all so good.

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks! My sister usually takes them for me :-)

Rachelle Marie said...

Wow! That dress is adorable! You did a great job. :) And I LOVE your flower crown! It looks so beautiful.
xoxo
Rachelle Marie

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Rachelle!

Alyssa Molin-Graves said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on my page :) I will be following you along now, too! What a beautiful headcrown and that is so awesome that you made a dress!!! I am currently learning how to sew and really hoping that I will be able to construct clothing soon (so far I've just done some hems and simple things). Great post!

~Alyssa
www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Alyssa, and thank you for following! Yes, sewing clothes is really quite fun!

Kellie said...

Oh goodness! So stunning. You've shot up there with my favorite fashion blogs with your style, the drop dead gorgeous photography, and your sweet smile. What lens are you/your sister using?

--K
Accordion to Kellie

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Kellie! I am so honored to have you as a reader <3 We use a canon 50mm 1.4 on a Canon Rebel T3i

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marsya Aulia Rizkita said...

love your dress :)
so pretty :)

www.heymarsya.blogspot.com

A.Michelle said...

You made the dress without a pattern? Wow! I don't think I would have the patience for that. Your pictures look absolutely great, by the way. Thanks for the follow on my blog. I love hearing from my readers. Following you back!

www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Michelle! Haha, yes, it can be a little tedious, but it really is worth it!

Midnight And Dawn said...

Nice job on the dress! It's definitely not easy sewing without a pattern.
I'm also in love with your flower crown!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you!

Lauricia said...

You're soo beautiful!! Great photoshoot!

Christy Okeefe said...

Oh, that dress is SO right with you skin's undertone! I like the last picture...very pretty!

Marlen said...

ugh taking the outfit pictures while windy is the absolute worst, so many shots need to be made in order to find the one normal one, haha! and i cannot BELIEVE you made that dress! you have some impressive skills- i love the length of it and the peter pan collar. and these pictures are so lovely, it gives off this dreamy mood :)

xo Marlen
Messages on a Napkin

Jodi Pops said...

wow i can't believe you made the dress, it's absolutely gorgeous!!!
and i love these photos, they remind me of something out of a fairy tale :)

now following you on bloglovin :) xxxx

Lizzie said...

I love the dress! I wish I could sew my own designs... I have ideas, but sometimes even following a pattern doesn't work quite right for me. I guess I need more practice!
The photography is beautiful, great blog!
Thanks for the follow!

Harlow Darling said...

You are absolutely breath taking! These are such beautiful photos and your poses are so perfect too! I especially love that last photo of you, it looks like a page out of a magazine :)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much Harlow!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Christy!

Alexandra Marie said...

Haha, so true! And thank you! I had a lot of fun making it <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Jodi!

Alexandra Marie said...

I totally understand, pattern following is actually really hard for me! It seems like the garment always comes out too big or something, haha! And thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i
came to “return the favor”.I'm trying to find things to improve my web site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

Look at my web page :: NFL Jerseys Cheap

Kimberley Jakoda said...

This looks so pretty and the flower crown makes it look so romantic! You just got yourself a new follower! Love your blog! :)
X Kimberley

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Kimberley! And thank you for following <3

Katherine / Of Corgis and Cocktails said...

That's awesome and amazing that you made the dress - I was going to say it fits you beautifully! And the photos you took to accompany it are perfect - what an amazing book (both the style and the actual book - yay Mark Twain!). Love that floral crown too - great inspiration for me as I'm trying to pull one off for a wedding with my pixie cut this fall.

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Katherine! I'm so glad it could be an inspiration to you!

Munisa Galficar said...

omg, i love it ! you look so nice.
xoxo

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks!

Jessi said...

You are SO beautiful!! I love these photos, what a pretty floral crown! I'm totally loving them right now :) And that dress is darling! Love these photos.
Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much, Jessi!

shay said...

you made this? Wow, I'm impressed! such beautiful shots xx

a thousand million words

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you <3

Anonymous said...

Good info. Lucky me I ran across your website by accident (stumbleupon).
I have book-marked it for later!

Feel free to surf to my weblog; Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

Inge Van Israƫl said...

These photos are so pretty! And it's amazing that you made the dress yourself :)

Inge
www.fashionenvie.be

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Inge!

Alyssa said...

You are so pretty! I really love how you rock that cut and crown of flowers! You are so chic! (:
Found you form the blog hop!

Alyssa
I blog here: http://www.alyssadawsonblog.com/

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much! Headed to check out your blog right now :-)

Hilda said...

Are you kidding?! You look fabulous! Awesome pictures! you look like a model. :)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Hilda!

Eccentric Owl said...

I would never be able to make such a cute dress without a pattern! But then, I don't like sewing (I can, I just... dislike it.) so I wouldn't even have the patience to try. It's so cute, though! I love the fabric. And your flower crown.
You have such lovely pictures!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! Haha- I totally understand. It can be a little frustrating sometimes :-) Thanks for stopping by!

Elana said...

These photos are just gorgeous! I can't believe you made this dress, it's SO pretty. Add to that the floral crown, and this whole post is perfection :)

Hilda said...

You're very welcome! :D

Little Tree Vintage said...

gorgeous!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Elana!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks <3

Jess Leigh said...

Lovely pictures, I especially like the last one! Well done with the dress :). Who takes your photos for you?

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! My sister took these :-)

Linda Greaves said...

Whoa, you made this dress!? Fantastic job! I love the floral crown you added too - such a whimsical spring touch :)
Thanks for the kind comment on my blog, I'm following back!

Trendy Teal

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! And thanks for following <3

daria said...

I just love how the flower crown looks with your short hair. And what an amazing job you did with the dress!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank's Daria!

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Stunning photography! You are well on your way to stardom. I'm always impressed when someone can literally tell a story with only a handful of photographs. Bravo! And you are so absolutely beautiful! Very photogenic.

I love your dress and how you've styled it. Funny, I wore a daisy crown in my photos today...not half as nice as your pretty flower crown.

Sue xo

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much for the thoughtful comment! And that is funny! A daisy crown sounds beautiful and so perfect for summer!

Kelsey Bang said...

ok best pictures ever! love the floral crown, the playfulness of the photoshoot and such a fun dress! the collar and sleeves were divine!
kelseybang.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much!

Shelbey said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your style. You have such a classic and timeless look. Beautiful :)

xo- Shelbey

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Shelbey! And thank you for following <3

Katherine said...

I love the last one the most!! :D

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.