D.I.Y Hair Bow Tutorial

April 4, 2013

IMG_8341
What You'll Need
Fabric
Scissors
Bobby Pin
Glue Gun (or a needle and thread)



IMG_8345

The size of fabric depends on how big or small you want your bow to be.

IMG_8348

Fold the fabric over about 2 inches, then fold it again so it is 3 layers thick.
Glue or sew it down and cut off the extra.


IMG_8351

Fold in each side to the center, overlapping one side over the other so you can glue or sew it in place.

IMG_8352

"Scrunch" the fabric in the center, making three little folds. Glue a little dot in between each fold so they stay in place or sew them together.

IMG_8358

With the extra fabric make another strip the same way you made the first one, by folding it twice. This time make the strip about 1/2 an inch wide. Glue or sew it in place. 

IMG_8360

Use this skinny strip to wrap around the center of the bow. You will have to cut away the extra fabric, and glue it in place or sew it down.

IMG_8361

Slide your bobby pin through the center strip on the back of the bow.

IMG_8380
.:.Emmy.:. said...

omg... thats so simple! really I have to try this!! thanks for the tutorial♥

Rebecca Rae said...

Super cute! Thanks for sharing!

Alexandra Marie said...

Isn't it? Have fun!

Alexandra Marie said...

Your welcome!

Leighanna Rose said...

Aw! Its so cute! and simple! these would make perfect gifts!
<3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks! Yes, they would make really good gifts. And they are wonderful for accessorizing my short hair- I think I will have to make more :)

Hilda said...

That is cute and it looks like fun to make! :)

Alexandra Marie said...

They are fun! I am thinking about making more today :-)

Christy Okeefe said...

That is ADORABLE!!! I'm going to try this:)
Please keep posting DIY ideas! I love them!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! I'd like to- it's just hard to find things I enjoy making haha. I'll keep that in mind though :-)

Hilda said...

That sounds good. Have fun!!

jessica sara said...

addicting, aren't they?

Alexandra Marie said...

Yes, very! Thank you for the awesome inspiration :-)

Stacie Grissom said...

Super cute!!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you :-)

.:.Emmy.:. said...

How long and wide did you cut the material?

.:.Emmy.:. said...

*fabric

Alexandra Marie said...

It depends on how large you want the bow to be. For this one the fabric was roughly 3 inches wide and about 5 inches long. It really has a lot to do with eyeing it though. Sorry I can't be more specific!

.:.Emmy.:. said...

Okay, I am planning on making a bunch so I guess they may be different every time :) Thank you!! :D

Els Jorissen said...

What a great idea for summer! Clever and cute!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you :-)

Anonymous said...

This is really easy looking, I love it! A little tip, the wavy side of the bobby pin should be under your hair and the flat part should be on top. It holds the hair better. :)
Anyways, I'm definitely going to be trying this soon.

Alexandra Marie said...

Yes! I just discovered that a few weeks ago- my world suddenly made so much more sense haha

Noelle said...

That is soooo cute and simple <3 i am gonna make a bunch for my bestieeeee : ) Thanks for posting...i love love love crafts and stuff like this!!!

Poem Girl said...

I'm totally going to make some!
Some for me, some for friends, one for a baby :D
Your Friend
Sarah

Alexandra Marie said...

So fun!

Alexandra Marie said...

Yeah! You'll love it- I have bow making addictions now- haha!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.