Beautiful Words

August 18, 2012



I found this hymn over on Piano Bookworm's blog and really liked it! I wanted to share it with you all <3
I sought a flag to follow
A cause for which to stand,
I sought a valiant leader,
Who could my love command;
I sought a stirring challenge,
Some noble work to try,
To give my life fulfillment,
My dreams to satisfy.

I sought a ringing answer
For all my doubts inside
A torch of truth uplifted,
My searching steps to guide;
I sought a word of wisdom,
A true authority,
I sought to know life's purpose,
To solve its mystery.

I sought for satisfaction,
For yearnings deep withiin,
I sought for full deliverance
From chains of guilt and sin;
I sought for peace and pardon,
For freedom from my fears, 
I sought a hope to cling to
Beyond these passing years.
                                                     
I found them all in Jesus,
The Life, the Truth, the Way;
Beneath His flag I'll take my stand
And follow Him today.

By John W. Peterson
Piano Bookworm said...

Isn't it a good hymn? :D I'm glad you liked it!

Alexandra Marie said...

Yes! I was thinking about doing a remix on it with a modern tune. Then I could post it on here. We'll see :-)

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.