March Madness

March 28, 2012

   Wow, it seems like forever since my last post ( really it was only a week ago) but I guess in the blogger world that's a pretty long time. March has been crazy, as far as my schedule goes. It seems like every weekend I am cramming in last minute stuff. Sometimes I just need to remember that taking time to do nothing, isn't such a bad thing. But I promise I haven't forgotten about you guys and plan to post more frequently when we start April. I guess you could say that is my blogging goal. I don't know what the summer will look like for me this year. I know last year I just sat around and was really board on the weekdays ( we did fun stuff of course) but all the free time was spent walking around the house and face planting on my living room couch ( no ones fault but my own) :-) This year I hope to make more time for bible study and devotions. For me, doing devotions is sort of hard because when I read the bible, a lot goes over my head, ie. _____ begot_____ and married _______ and they begot __ :-D
I guess it comes down to why we read the bible. If our hearts are eager to read what God has for us, then we will receive more from it. Think about it like this ( since I am sort of visual ;-D) Picture yourself at your birthday party. All of the guests arrive. You have fun playing games, hanging out, ______ you fill in the blank. Then everyone gathers around to watch you open the gifts. At this point, you are eager to open your presents. One of your friends suggests that you do not open any of them , and instead put them aside for a couple weeks until you aren't so busy. Since I know myself and how I can't stand anticipation, I know exactly what I would be thinking " No thanks!" ha ha. But seriously, it's the same with the bible. If you have the mindset that you are receiving a gift from God, your perspective will change. That's when stuff will jump out at you and you will understand the importance of every word. So anyways, I guess I got off on tangent ( I am good at that.) So if you have so much on your plate that you can't function and you think you have no time for God, here is a good verse for you:

Mathew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.



Jenna Condon said...

Love all your bible studies Alex! :) Keep up the good work. So happy for you...just saw that you now have 15 members?? So amazing <3 Love you girl

~Jen~

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much Jenna! We'll have to get your blog up and running really soon!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.