My Saturday Morning

February 4, 2012

So I woke up early this morning, ( for a Saturday anyways ;-b) and I decided to clean out my closet and re-organize. I was surprised to see how much better it looks and how easy it was! 

These are "before" pictures. I don't have an image of my clothes in the closet before but I can assure you that the hangers were sticking out every which way, ha ha :-D






















So the first thing I will show you is my jewelry display. I simply have placed tacks in the wall of my closet. Then I hang jewelry on the tacks. It is very simple and soo useful! Especially when I am in a hurry and need to quickly grab a pair of earrings or something. Unfortunately over time I have moved jewelry around so that my display looks pretty messy ( as you can see above.) So I took all the jewelry down and re-placed the tacks so that they are nice and even.



















Next I took the jewelry and organized it by color...























Then I started hanging up the jewelry like this, blue necklaces on a tack, gold necklaces on a tack, etc.

























So I know to you, it probably doesn't look that much better but in person it made a big difference! 

If you have any hats that can't be folded and placed in a drawer, ( like a beret) here is a trick I use. I have a cloche hat that I have no room for so I look for a tag on the inside of the hat-- near the rim. Then I take a tack and stick it through the tag, and place the tack in the wall. Then I pull the brim over it and it hangs like this...

















The next thing I did for my closet was cleaning out my main shelf ( I have shelves running up the center of my closet.) It was super messy and the space was not being utilized very well. 























Sooo... I pulled everything out and started organizing my over-abundance of nail polish! lol 



What I did was I went through and decided which ones I use the most. The ones didn't use too often, I set aside...



These are the ones I ended up keeping, which I organized by color...


















Then I placed them all into a little white tray...



















Ok, so I will admit it, my favorite things to shop for are shoes. I really do love them! ha ha. Most of them can't be kept in this bottom shelf because it is pretty small. What I like to do is choose 3 or 4 pairs that I like for the season and keep them down here. Of course this gets pretty messy as well because everything from the top shelves fall down here!


















I pull everything out-- and boy was I surprised to find some of this stuff! ( Please excuse the floor- I promise, I vacuumed afterwards!)


















I ended up putting most of it in assigned boxes out in the garage. As for the shoes, they were placed neatly in their little cave :-D


















If you want to know how I organize my clothes, you can go to this link http://tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com/2011/12/closet-organization.html

To put it briefly, I take out all the clothes, organize them by color, and then place them back in the closet, keeping the hangers nice and neat.

























This time I left all the sweater out and folded them up to place in the main shelf...

























Last but not least, I emptied my top shelf-- the purse shelf. 





















Then I placed them all back in there, nice and neat


Well, here is the finished project. It only took me about an hour to do and the results are very rewarding!


Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.