True Vintage

January 26, 2012

   So I am very excited because today I spent the afternoon exploring my garage. Why so exciting? Because buried in my cave of a garage are a bunch of treasures! Garage diving is time consuming but it is very rewarding. The results are particularly fun if you have a grandmother who lives with you! I snapped some pictures so that I could show you all my awesome finds!

Who doesn't love precious stone? Especially Jade. It has such a pretty green color and is really nice and smooth. This bracelet belongs to my grandma...



This gold bracelet is my grandma's from the 50's!



This is one of my favorites! A vintage gold locket. You can actually read the inscription on the back of it! Inside my grandma kept a photo of her father :-D



This necklace isn't quite as old but it is real and very pretty! Pearls are so classic and this has such a fun twist.



I was so thrilled with these! This is an old pair of pink, horn rimmed glasses. They are way to cute 
:-D
Oh yes, and my nails look terrible! Haven't gotten around to painting them ...





I love the rhinestone details!!!

This book is so cool! It is my grandma's baby book from 1929!!!






While on the subject, here is my grandmother's baby hair brush and comb! 








These are little film pictures from 1948 and then on.


My grandparent's boat

My great grandma and three uncles




My uncle dressed up like a monkey!

My grandma and uncle


































This purse was my great grandmother's. It is in perfect condition!











































All the stuff from here on isn't really that vintage but... they have re-purposing potential!!


This is a very nostalgic 80's dress. I can't wait to change it up!








































I bought these napkins a few years ago to make into little beach bags. I lost them after we moved and today I found them again! I have enough to make two bags so if anyone wants the extra bag let me know :-D








I also found... sunglasses, a necklace, shirt, comfy sweater, some coins and a really good book!












































And the best find of the afternoon... An SLR camera!!! 









Alexandra Marie said...

I only wish the camera was a dslr! Then I'd be set! lol

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we would all be lucky if that was a dslr, worth like 700 each!! lol. You could sell it and get a cannon or something. Really enjoyed this blog post, why don't you post more often? Your posts are inspired!!!!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.