Baking

September 2, 2011

I did some baking this afternoon. Who doesn't love sugar cookies? They are easy to make and they came out delicious! I added some raisins and coconut.





  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Alexandra Marie said...

I was eating one this morning and I had this thought-- these would taste REALLY good with some white chocolate chips ( that is if you are a white chocolate fan like me)

Chloe Ann said...

Yes! White chocolate chips!! FYI they were SOOOO YUMMY!

Alexandra Marie said...

Good! Glad they passed the family test :-b

Monica said...

Alex, the photos of the cookies are beautiful. They look SO delicious! I just love sugar cookies. And I love white chocolate as well! :-D

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks, I like them because they are sooo easy to make! By the way thank you for commenting! It means a lot!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.